Ah, looking for the best crossbow? if you’re a hunter or a hunter-in-the-making, this will be one of your go-to tools, no doubt about it. Whether you need a crossbow for serious deer hunting, target practice, or just messing around with your friends, you’re going to want to choose the best crossbow for your needs, skill level, and budget.
And if you are just venturing off into the world of crossbow hunting, it can be a little confusing, with so many options in the marketplace. But if you are looking for the best crossbow that your money can afford, then you are in the right place.
Here we will help you find all the information you need in one place about how to choose the best crossbow from the many options that are available to you on the market. Keep reading to find out what you should look for in your crossbow to ensure you are getting a quality product for your money.
Best Crossbow 2018
|Bow Name||Max Speed||Net Weight||Draw Weight||Buy Now|
|Arrow Precision Inferno Fury||235 FPS||4.84 lbs||175 lbs|
|Barnett Outdoors Brotherhood||350 FPS||7.0 lbs||160 lbs|
|SA Sports Fever||235 FPS||5.2 lbs||175 lbs|
|Barnett Quad 400||345 FPS||12.6 lbs||150 lbs|
|Barnett Ghost 350 CRT||350 FPS||7.6 lbs||175 lbs|
|Barnett Outdoors Raptor FX||330 FPS||6 lbs||150-165 lbs|
|Carbon Express 20271 X-Force 350||300 FPS||6 lbs||165 lbs|
|Barnett 78610 Recruit||300 FPS||light weight||130 lbs|
|Barnett Ghost 410 CRT||410 FPS||7.3 lbs||185 lbs|
|Wicked Ridge by TenPoint Invader G3||330 FPS||6.6 lbs||165 lbs|
How to choose Best Crossbow 2018
Choosing the best crossbow all comes down to the features that make it the best one for you. Here are the features you need to look out for in crossbows.
The draw height of a crossbow is all about the force that is necessary for you to cock your crossbow. The draw weight is determined by the rigidity of the limbs and the prod of the bow. A bow with a higher draw weight will be harder to draw, but the arrow will be more deadly.
If you are choosing a bow for practice, you can purchase one with a draw weight of 150 lbs or less, but if you are purchasing one for hunting you want to go over 150 lbs. You can choose a higher draw weight and then get a crank cocking device or a rope cocking devices to help you reduce the amount of force that is required to cock your bow. This allows you to get all the power you need from the arrow for the kill without you exerting too much power. Crossbow poundage is one of the important properties to consider while choosing best crossbow.
The velocity of your crossbow is measured in feet per second (FPS). This is what determines how fast your arrow will travel for its first 20 to 30 yards. You will want a crossbow with an FPS of a minimum of 200. The speed will depend on the weight of your arrows as well as the draw weight.
If you use heavier arrows then your weapon velocity will be lower than if you use lighter arrows. The velocity listed for devices usually are measured based on the arrows that are sold with the bow. So if you purchase different arrows to be used with the crossbow this will mean that you will tamper with the velocity that is stated by the manufacturer. Arrow speed is one of the important properties to consider while choosing best crossbow.
The power stroke of a crossbow refers to the distance that the string will travel from a loose position to the latch where it is cocked. For the most part, your average crossbow will have a power stroke of anywhere between 10 and 14 inches. A higher power stroke means a more powerful shot but this really isn’t that much of a big deal when choosing your crossbow. It is better to ensure that your stroke is properly adjusted based on the draw weight of your crossbow. The power stroke is one of the important properties to consider while choosing best crossbow.
The energy output of your bow lets you know how much energy the crossbow string transfers to the arrow when it is released. The longer the power stroke and the higher the draw weight, then the more energy you will find being transferred to the arrow which will result in a faster arrow with less drop-down trajectory – so basically this makes the arrow deadlier. Energy output is one of the important properties to consider while choosing best crossbow.
Things to consider when buying a Crossbow
Before you make your final decision here are just a couple more things you should consider for purchasing the best crossbow for your needs.
If this is your first bow purchase you will need more than one bow. You will also need additional items such as a cocking device, a target for practice and arrows – these would be the essentials and there is a plethora of other things you could purchase along with your first crossbow or your first set of crossbows.
A Good Scope
This is imperative if you plan to use your crossbows for serious hunting. You want to ensure you have an accurate and deadly shot and to do this you must position yourself far enough away so that your prey will not stand a chance detecting you. Determine the range you will need prior to looking at scopes by deciding where you will spend most of your time hunting. You also must consider the type of game you will be hunting; smaller game requires a mid-range scope.
Your crossbow has limbs which are the two parts that you will find attached to your riser. The string is attached to the tips of the limbs. You will find that the best quality crossbows have limbs made of fiberglass or carbon or a combination of the two.
This is because these materials are lightweight and durable which is necessary for a crossbow that will last through the rigors of hunting. You will want to stay away from crossbows with limbs made of wood or aluminum as these tend to break easily.
You want to look for the features mentioned above then you narrow down by price to ensure you get a good quality product for your money. If you are looking for a crossbow less than $150 you can be sure you are not going to get a good quality product.
There are just a few crossbows that cost less than $200 that are worth purchasing so ensure you look at all the features mentioned above to ensure you are making the best purchase. Cost is the most important parameter while choosing best crossbow among the available ones. You should look at those that are closer to $300 to get the best quality there is out there.
Top 10 Best Crossbow reviewed
The Arrow Precision Inferno Fury is seasoned with all the essentials for first-time crossbow hunters. It comes with a 175Ib crossbow, quick detach quiver with four arrows, an ambidextrous auto safety, adjustable weaver style scope mount, and padded shoulder sling. All the assembly tools needed are in the package.
Features of the Arrow Precision Inferno Fury
The Arrow Precision Inferno Fury is a really well-designed crossbow. It is an affordable kit that is designed for both left and right-handed operation. This crossbow is a well-rounded weapon, balanced and affordable even to those with a tight budget. It comes with everything that you need and it is easy to assemble.
- 31’’ Length. This makes it one of the smallest and most compact crossbows you can get. The length makes it suitable for beginners. It is also a good fit for anyone who wants a bow for practicing purposes.
- Ultra-Light Weight. This is one of the lightest bows on the market. It gives users the opportunity to go even for distance hunting without any problems. It weighs in at 4.8Ibs without the sight or the quiver.
- Fiberglass Limbs. The material used to make the limbs makes them really light. These fiberglass limbs are also very flexible and hence forgiving during use while still being durable.
- Sight. In the kit, you will get a decent 3-red dot sight. The red dots are very bright, and the optics are decent. The bow sight also comes with a CR3032 battery that can last for six months even if you are using it daily. You are expected to make slight windage and elevation adjustments to make the bow work perfectly for your needs.
- Rear Stock. The rear stock design is very comfortable and dispenses recoil very well. This is as a result of its large size and makes it easy and comfortable to use.
Advantages of the Arrow Precision Inferno Fury
- Durable. As we mentioned, the limbs of the crossbow are made of fiberglass, and the materials used to make the bow makes it durable. It is made of aluminum rail that is really solid.
- Easy to Assemble. The manual contains detailed information on how the bow should be assembled. It has a step-by-step procedure that you can follow easily when you want to assemble it. It also has pictures that you can use to guide you through the assembly. There are also only a few parts to assemble, which is always nice.
- Comfortable. The bow is very solid and sturdy, and you will be able to fit it very comfortably in the pocket. You do not have to worry about the quiver because it locks tightly on the crossbow.
Things to be Aware of
You should note that this bow has somewhat low kinetic energy, which is really only a minor issue.
The Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit is fully packed with all the essentials for the seasoned crossbow veteran who is seeking lightweight bow or for the beginner who needs something to use during training. This is one of the best crossbow available out there.
Over time, Barnett Outdoors has released several and very popular crossbows such as the Ghost 350, Ghost 410, and Raptor FX. Recently, the Barnett Outdoors Brotherhood Crossbow was ranked as one of the best crossbow models on the market with an endorsement from Michael Waddell.
Features of the Barnett Outdoors Brotherhood
The Brotherhood crossbow package features a high-energy cam system and has a cable system as well. It comes with a trigger system that gives you a smooth 3.5 IB trigger pull for the perfect shot. The crossbow is quiet and requires little low maintenance helping you to save money. It is more powerful than you could imagine.
- Crossbow Length and Draw Weight. The crossbow comes with a power stroke of 13.5 inches and has a draw weight of 160 pounds. The height of the bow does not match up compared to other models. The combination of its weight and height makes it produce up to 350 fps of speed and 109 ft-Ib of kinetic energy. This feature makes it very powerful and thus o it makes its place in best crossbow 2018 list.
- Anti-Vibration Isolation System (AVI). This system is built into the limbs. The system controls the vibration of the crossbow ensuring that the noise reduces up to 30%. This makes the crossbow efficient and effective for hunting as it doesn’t cause distractions with too much noise.
- CNC-Machined Picatinny Rail. This feature allows you to attach accessories. Attaching the accessories makes the crossbow efficient and effective to use. You can attach several accessories such as stabilizers and more so the bow is more suited to your needs.
- Anti-Dry Fire Trigger System. This feature is a safety bar that will allow you to switch the safety off when you are shooting. It is made of a metal-injected mold that reduces tight jerking and other intolerances.
- Premium Crosswire Strings. This string is considered as the most stable string in the crossbow industry. It also blends well with Barnett’s fibers making it the most reliable and the toughest string on the market.
Advantages of the Barnett Outdoors Brotherhood
- Easy to Assemble. This crossbow is amazingly easy to assemble. The instruction manual is more than enough, and it does an excellent job because it has a step-by-step procedure that explains how it can be assembled.
- Durable. The limbs on this crossbow are Barnsdale laminated, while the trigger is very dependable and is designed in such a way that it cannot break easily. This allows it last longer. The stock or the rail is also durable.
- Accurate. The Barnett Brotherhood is exceptionally accurate. This is because it comes with an illuminated multi-reticle scope. It is capable of downing any animal from a distance when used by a skilled shooter.
- Low Maintenance & Quiet. You don’t need a lot of cash to maintain this crossbow. It also has a silencer that ensures that it does not make a lot of noise, which makes it suitable for hunting.
Things to be Aware of
One thing that users should take note of is that the Barnett Brotherhood weighs in at 8.1Ibs, making it heavy to use. Thus, you may find it hard to carry around.
The Barnett Outdoors Brotherhood crossbow is affordable, and it can last a lifetime because of its quality and its low maintenance costs. The arrows are also strong and really durable. This is one of the best crossbow available on market.
The SA Sports Fever Crossbow Package has a lot in store for the hunters and other recreational crossbow users. The package consists of a padded shoulder sling, adjustable weaver style scope mount, a quick detach quiver, a premium 4 X 32 multi-reticle scope, and four arrows. It is a complete package that has been kept light and compact to provide enough power to shoot. This makes it a noticeable contestant on the best crossbow 2018 list.
Features of the SA Sports Fever
The SA Sports Fever crossbow is the right product that hunters will always be interested in using. Some of the distinguishing characteristics of the bow include a full coverage dipped camo, compact ambidextrous, lightweight rear stock, and ambidextrous auto safety.
- Draw Weight of 175 Lbs. This kind of draw weight means that it will require much force to load. That means the users must be strong enough to use it. The draw weight also helps it to deliver up to a hot 235 F.P.S. It also has a silky-smooth trigger pull.
- Detachable Quiver. The package comes with a detachable quiver, four 16’’ bolts, and 125-grain practice tips.
- Cast Aluminum Barrel. This makes the crossbow nice and light, so us hunters can carry it around even for long distances. The aluminum also makes it long lasting.
- Auto Safety. This feature makes it safe to use when shooting, and the crossbow also has an ambidextrous safety. The safety is usually engaged when a person cocks the bow. These prominent features make this beast eligible for getting a place in this 10 best crossbow 2018 list.
Advantages of the SA Sports Fever
- Easy to use Trigger. The trigger has been constructed correctly. Despite the low price of the crossbow, it does not appear to be cheaply made. You can leverage the crossbow making it easy to cock.
- Comfortable to Hold. The crossbow is comfortable to hold because of its lightweight design. It has also been designed with a palm swell that is located on the forearm. This adds comfort to the crossbow and makes the user feel comfortable while holding it.
- All-in-one-Package. The crossbow has different features that make it all in one and best crossbow around. They include fiberglass quad limbs, detachable quiver, adjustable mount foregrip, anti-dry-fire device, and a rope cocking device. Some of the external features include high-quality camouflage finish, sleek design, and many more features which indeed helps it to secure its place in this best crossbow 2018 list.
- Inexpensive & Quality Design. The design of the SA Sports Fever is perfect for every person that loves using crossbows. It is affordable and has a perfect design for its users while coming in at a reasonable price point.
- Great for Hunters. The SA Sports Fever is perfect for both large and small game. For small game, the preferred options are deer, elk, and target shooting. For larger game, the preferred options are elk and deer. Beginners are advised to start with the smaller game.
Things to be Aware of
One thing that the users should note is that the bolts do not last very long. They will need replacement at some point. However, you need to use them until they break. But remember to have extra ones.
The SA Sports Fever is a great all-around crossbow, and one of the best on the market today, hitting on a lot of nice features that will make your experience with this bow a positive one.
The Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow comes as a package with some of the accessories that it can be paired with, including a quiver, a premium three dot red dot scope, and three 22-inch arrows. It has also been redesigned to accommodate additional features. It shoots at a speed of 345 ft. per second, and has a draw weight of 150 Ibs.
Features of the Barnett Quad 400
This is one of the crossbows that has been designed to ensure that it is accurate to use and designed to be optimized. It has been recently updated with new features to make it more efficient.
- Cocking Device. The crossbow has a cocking device attached that is light and more comfortable to use in conjunction with the cheek piece that is designed to hide the attachment.
- 9 Lbs. This weight makes the crossbow more effective and efficient to use. The dimensions of the crossbow are 26.75 by 37 inches, and they match with the weight to make the crossbow more effective to use.
- Thumbhole Grip. The thumbhole grip is one of the added features of the crossbow, which makes it accurate and easy to use. The thumbhole is designed to improve the accuracy of the crossbow.
- Quiver. The Barnett 400 has a quiver that holds up to four arrows and can be mounted easily underneath the limbs. It is also designed to work with both a crank cocking device and a string cocking device.
Advantages of the Barnett Quad 400
- Accuracy. The new modifications have been done to improve the efficiency of the bow. The crossbow has some of the features such as the cocking device that enhances the accuracy of the crossbow. The 150-pound draw weight and shooting speed of 235 feet per second make it more accurate.
- Easy to Assemble. One of the nice advantages of this crossbow is that it is easy to assemble. There is also the manual that gives the user a step-by-step procedure that is easy to learn. Most users have been able to assemble the crows bow in less than half an hour.
- Warranty. The Barnett 400 has a warranty of five years, so you are assured of protection when you purchase this crossbow.
Things to be Aware of
Some of the users on Amazon pointed out that the crossbow deserves a more efficient trigger system. The reason being that the stringer tends to get too high on the trigger some of the times. Thus, the trigger system needs some adjustments.
In regards to the power stroke, accuracy draw weight, and velocity, the Barnett 400 makes its place in the top 10 best crossbow 2018 list and is a pretty great choice for medium-sized games.
The Barnett Ghost 350 CRT Crossbow is one of the better lightweight bows that you can find on the market, weighing in at 7.5 pounds and featuring carbon riser technology (CRT) which makes it very unique. The bow shoulders have been designed with a greater comfort making it easy to use. The crossbow fires at an average of around 350 feet per second. It also has an anti-dry fire metal injection molding trigger that provides precise, smooth and quiet shots in a compact fit. The bow also comes with a quiver, three arrows, and a rope cocking device.
Features of the Barnett Ghost 350 CRT
The Ghost 350 comes complete with crosswire strings and whiplash cams that provide faster, quieter, smoother and more precise shot in a compact design.
- 7.5 Lbs. The crossbow is lightweight making it efficient and effective to use. The carbon riser technology also makes it light. As a result, users can carry it anywhere at any time even for long distances. You can also carry it in a medium-sized bag.
- 20-inch Arrow Length. The length of the bow makes it efficient to be used at any time and suitable for anybody regardless of the height of the hunter.
- ADF MIM Trigger. This is a new feature on this crossbow which provides a smooth 3.6 trigger pull and all the benefits of a Picatinny rail.
Advantages of the Barnett Ghost 350 CRT
- Powerful. The mixture of the lightweight stock makes the crossbow powerful. It is best for any serious hunter who would love to perform any function with it. The materials used to make the crossbow also make it very powerful.
- High Accuracy. The Ghost 350 is very accurate to use. This makes it appropriate even for beginners who will find it easy to use since the learning curve for this unit is shorter. This no doubt helps it for getting a place in this 10 best crossbow 2018 list.
- Easy to Assemble. The crossbow comes with a manual that gives a step-by-step procedure on how to assemble the bow. Even beginners will not have a hard time in assembling this crossbow. Users have said that they use less than an hour to assemble it.
Things to be Aware of
Some users have complained that the Ghost 350 is a bit loud, making it somewhat unsuitable for the hunters. It also has a 3-dot scope that does not function well when the light is low.
The Barnett Ghost 350 CRT Crossbow is patent protected, super strong because of the carbon riser used and ultra-light. It has also been designed in such a way that it does not drop forward slightly. One of the nice things about the bow is that you can alter it to suit your needs.
The Barnett Outdoors Raptor FX Crossbow is one of the crossbows that are recommended in the market today. Its high-level technology makes it ideal for the upcoming hunters. It comes with a draw weight of 150 Ibs and a power stroke of 12.5 inches. It weighs 6.5 Ibs. The combination of the weight and the height makes it achieve reasonable power while at the same time retaining a relatively small profile.
The Barnett Raptor speeds up to 330 fps making it ready for any type of big game. It has an adjustable cheek piece and butt stock that makes it easy for the hunter to make the necessary adjustments. The crossbow features a trigger and 5-1 safety system. These features make it eligible for appearing in this best crossbow 2018 list.
Features of the Barnett Outdoors Raptor FX
- Powerful Cam System. The crossbow is equipped with an efficient cam system that is designed to optimize the energy transfer from the string to the bolt. As a result, the hunter is in a position to easily hit the target.
- Cutting-Edge Technology. The Barnett Raptor features crosswire technology. This technology makes use of the high energy cam system so as to provide consistent power and accurate shots. This performance is as a result of the custom design.
- ADF-MIM Trigger System. The trigger system increases the performance and the safety rating of the crossbow. Notably, it optimizes the system’s performance by engaging all the safety mechanisms in keeping the trigger at 3 pounds.
- Adjustable Butt Pad. The flexible pad gives the user the liberty to adjust the crossbow according to their preferences. This is one of the features that stand out in the pack.
Advantages of the Barnett Outdoors Raptor FX
- Easy to Assemble. This crossbow is very easy to assemble, and the tools that you should use to attach it are included in the package. The package also has a manual that gives you a guideline you can follow when assembling the crossbow. Assembling the system takes less than 20 minutes.
- Small in Size Yet Simple to Adjust. The presence of the adjustable butt pad makes the crossbow easy to adjust. The adjustable butt pad boosts its effectiveness and makes it easy to use. The pad is easily accessible making it easy to shoot in different positions.
- Flexibility in Scope. One important aspect of this crossbow is that it has multiple reticle scopes with rings. This feature makes it suitable for the beginner hunters. It also makes it suitable for most hunting trips.
- Lightweight. The Barnett Raptor incorporates lightweight materials such as ergonomic design and durable construction materials. The lightweight makes it suitable for hunting trips. This definitely makes it one of the best crossbow for hunting.
Things to be Aware of
One disadvantage of this system is the retention spring. The plastic holder that holds the bolts in place tends to break occasionally. Additionally, if the crossbow is not used properly, the scoop might break internally.
The Barnett Outdoors Raptor FX is the best Crossbow package that will take your hunting to the next level. It has all the tools that will make your hunt a success and is one of our favorite crossbows out on the market today.
The Carbon Express X-Force is best crossbow package and built for hunters who want exceptional results. It has been rated as one of the best equipment in the field. The crossbow does not only have speed and power, but it is also designated for all types of hunters. It has an optimal balance point that helps to deliver accuracy. The crossbow is manufactured using carbon-infused limbs, tunable synthetic strings, premium alloy cam sets, and CNC machined risers. Carbon Express is engineered to deliver the kill, the feel, and the power. Even for beginners, it is the best crossbow that one can use.
Features of the Carbon Express 20271 X-Force 350
The Carbon Express 350 offers rugged dependability and is a package of deadly accuracy. It has an ergonomic profile for comfort and improved accuracy.
- Picatinny Rail. The presence of the rail allows you to add more accessories onto the crossbow making it comfortable to use. You can customize the crossbow to your preferred shooting style. It has over five-inches of customizable fit.
- Adjustable Forearm. You can adjust the forearm to suit your preferences. This feature makes the crossbow fit for any person that wants to use it. Adjusting it also creates comfort and improves the efficiency of the crossbow.
- Cast Aluminum Riser. Aluminum is one of the most durable metals and this is the material that is used to make the riser which means that the riser itself is durable. It is also important for security and dependable limb attachment.
- Trigger Box Safety System. The trigger system provides the constant and smooth performance of the crossbow. It also ensures that safety is maintained when using the crossbow at all times.
- Extras. In addition to the above, we also like that the 350 also includes a rope cocker, rail lubricant, two practice points quick detach quiver and 3 Pile Driver bolts.
Advantages of the Carbon Express 20271 X-Force 350
- Withstanding Climatic Conditions. The Carbon Express 350 is shockproof, waterproof and fog proof. You can use it in any climatic condition at any time. It is manufactured with systems that ensure that it is protected during any type of weather if you want to be outdoors even in the elements.
- Lightweight. This crossbow is light and durable because it is made of aluminum. Hunters can go for long distance hunting without being bogged down with a heavy crossbow. While in the field, they can maneuver quickly because of the lightweight design of the bow.
- Accurate. The combination of different features makes the Carbon Express 20271 X-Force 350 Crossbow extremely accurate. It has a speed of 300 FPS and delivers a lot of power that makes it accurate and deadly.
- Durable. The different parts of the crossbow are made with materials that make it durable. For instance, the riser is rubber-coated which makes the crossbow last long. It is quality because it is made of aluminum.
- Design. The Carbon Express 350 is designed to give an outstanding performance. For instance, it has a kinetic energy of 80 ft-lb, a draw weight of 165 lbs and 12’’ power stroke.
Things to be Aware of
Users should note that the crossbow does not have an anti dry-fire feature.
All in all, this is the best crossbow at this price point. It’s accurate, deadly and powerful.
The Barnett 78610 Recruit is a perfect size for small-framed hunters. It is one of the easiest crossbows to handle and can be handled by both genders comfortably. The crossbow also has an adjustable butt stock that gives the users the opportunity to make any adjustments that may be needed. The Barnett 78610 Recruit is a perfect crossbow that you can use to introduce a new shooter to the hunting process. It fits any size of Archer regardless of their size because of the adjustable butt stock.
The Barnett 78610 Recruit has different features that make the crossbow unique. It has a metal injection molded trigger that delivers a smooth trigger pull. There are also other features that are listed and explained below.
Features of the Barnett 78610 Recruit
- Anti-Dry Fire Trigger System. The system is mounted to prevent damage to the crossbow. You must have an arrow put into the system for you to shoot. This trigger system also makes the crossbow safe to use for the beginners.
- Metal Injection Molded trigger (MIM). The trigger system delivers an ultra-smooth trigger pull. That is why beginners find it easy to use the system because you shoot comfortably because of the presence of the metal injection molded trigger.
- Picatinny Rail. With the Picatinny rail, you can add the accessories that are not included in the crossbow. Some of the accessories include an anti-vibration foot stirrup, cable system and crosswire string for quiet and smooth shots. The addition of the accessories also makes it comfortable to use.
Advantages of the Barnett 78610 Recruit
- Perfect for Small Frames. The Barnett Recruit is easy to handle, making it perfect for females. This is because it is perfect for persons with small frames. However, you have to note that the crossbow has enough speed to hunt. It has 80ft-lbs of kinetic energy and a 130lb draw weight.
- Perfect for all Game Types. Just because the Barnett Recruit is good for small-framed hunters does not mean it can only hunt small game. The crossbow can be used to hunt any size game.
- Easy to Assemble. Assembling this crossbow is one of the simplest tasks that you can do. You only need ten minutes to put it together. All that is needed is to attach the quiver and the riser to the stock. Then you can mount the scope, and you will be done. The procedure of assembling is also clearly written in the manual. All you need to do is follow the instructions keenly even if you are a beginner.
- Safe to Use. The Barnett Recruit has quad limbs that have a great design for the ergonomically designed pistol grip. Additionally, the adjustable butt stock ensures that you adjust it to fit your body size.
Things to be Aware of
Users should note that if they need to use this crossbow they will need to invest a little bit of cash, as it is on the expensive side.
The Barnett Recruit is perfect for all types of customers, especially for beginners. The package comes with a rope cocking device, arrow rest and basic arm guide among other things. It is also suitable for both right and left-handed individuals.
The Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Crossbow is one of the crossbows that you can rely on in challenging scenarios. It has unique features that make it outstanding. The composite laminates perform a great job of minimizing vibration. As a result of the split design, the limbs of the crossbow move 1.5 % faster than the limbs of the other crossbows. The length of the rope cocking is adjustable so that it can be used by anyone regardless of their height. It also has a super-light carbon riser that holds the crossbow very steadily.
The Barnett Ghost has a design that prevents the weapon from dropping forward. It is also comfortable to use because of the location of the bulk weight which is near the shooter’s body.
Features of the Barnett Ghost 410 CRT
- CNC Machined Aluminum. The 410 CRT is made of aluminum that makes it high quality and durable. You are also guaranteed a high accuracy when using this bow thanks to this material.
- Fore-grip. The Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Crossbow has a fore-grip that is comfortable and has a moisture surface that keeps your palm warm when you are shooting outdoors. The fore-grip is also very important because it keeps your fingers away from the flight rail. This feature helps the beginners’ perfect shooting and prevents injury.
- Super-Light Carbon Riser. With this feature, users can hold the crossbow very steadily. The riser also ensures that the bulk weight is located near the shooter’s body to make the crossbow easy to use. This feature also enhances the accuracy of the crossbow significantly.
- Large Shoulder Plate. The large plate makes the crossbow comfortable to aim. You will not experience any form of discomfort thanks to this feature
Advantages of the Barnett Ghost 410 CRT
- Accuracy. The weight of the Barnett Ghost makes it easy to aim. There is also a scope that is included in the package that is the best that you can get. Even for the new beginners, they are in a position to hit two circles from over 60 yards after practicing for only a few days. This is one of the most accurate crossbows that you can handle as a beginner.
- Safe. This crossbow has an anti-dry fire mechanism that makes sure that the crossbow cannot be fired until the arrow is adjusted correctly in the flight rail. As a result, the user cannot dry fire the weapon.
- Comfortable to Handle. The weight of the crossbow has been shifted closer to the body that makes it easy to handle and also makes it easier to aim. The carbon riser also reduces the weight of the crossbow making it easy to carry around.
- Adjustable. The Barnett Ghost has a rope cocking aid that is included in the package. With this model, users can lengthen or shorten the crossbow to suit their particular needs. Thus, it can be used by any person regardless of their age. It also reduces the amount of energy required to cock it to about half giving you the comfort of instead of a drawing weight of 185, it has a drawing weight of 90 Ibs.
Things to be Aware of
Users should note that to prevent separation, the crossbow requires a lot of string waxing.
We’re pretty big fans of the Barnett Ghost crossbow, for all the features and benefits listed above. It should definitely make your short-list of buying options when you’re ready to make a purchase.
The Wicked Ridge is a total makeover of the Invader HP. It has features that make it the best crossbow for hunters. The crossbow is newly designed with cutouts that increase its length while reducing its weight. It delivers accurate power for every shot and is also suitable for beginner crossbow users. It is one of the safest, lightest and fastest crossbows. The package has accessories such as three carbon arrows; instant detach 3-arrow quiver and a self-retracting rope cocking device among others.
The Wicked Ridge is powered by a new energy wheel that is equipped with cables with tunable yokes and DynaFLIGHT 97 string. It also has safety wings that are fiberglass reinforced, and they are fitted with the stock above the grip.
Features of the Wicked Ridge by TenPoint Invader G3
- T2 Trigger. The trigger technology in this crossbow offers a 3.5 Ib. pull. It makes shooting very smooth, and hunters enjoy using it because of this feature. The trigger is also quiet thus you do not need silencers when using it. It also makes shooting very fast.
- Dry Fire Inhibitor. This is one of the safety mechanisms that this crossbow uses. It inhibits firing the crossbow without the use of an arrow. This prevents the crossbow from breaking unnecessarily. It also ensures that beginners know how to use the bow using an arrow appropriately.
- CNC-Machined Riser and Pockets. The riser and pockets are of superior quality, and they are designed using modern technology. As a result, hunters find it easy to use this crossbow.
- ACU-52. The Wicked Ridge crossbow has one of the unique rope cocking systems. It is quick to install and integrate. Most people have bought the crossbow because the system is easy to integrate.
Advantages of the Wicked Ridge by TenPoint Invader G3
- Lightweight. The Wicked Ridge has a mass weight of 6.6 Ibs, making it one of the lightest crossbows on the market. Hunters always want something that they can use to maneuver easily as they hunt. With the lightweight crossbow, they can go for long distances to hunt. It makes the crossbow easy to carry for the hunters.
- Easy to Assemble. All the assembly tools that you need to use to join the crossbow are in the package. There is also a manual that can give the guideline to assemble the crossbow. Assembling takes less than 20 minutes.
- Accuracy. The Wicked Ridge crossbow fires its arrow at 330 fps and delivers 96.7 ft. per Ib. of kinetic energy. Because of the kinetic energy, the crossbow is one of the most accurate crossbows.
Things to be Aware of
Users should note that the stabilizer is not included in the package. Thus, they should ensure that they purchase it separately.
The Wicked Ridge by TenPoint Invader G3 Crossbow shoots consistently and accurately. It is one of the best crossbow recommended for beginners, especially those who love hunting.